Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thumbnails in FrontPage2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

floinfo

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
CA
Hello,
I am not an expert... so could you help me, somebody pro.
What is the "best" way to put 10-20 images on a web page.
I want to use small thumbnail (click-able) images. So if someone click on it, it brings up the original, large size image.
I don't know exactly, but maybe with popups or java script... or is there any better way?
What is the best solution?
Thanks,

If you just insert the images from your web onto the page of your choice and use the FrontPage Auto-Thumbnail feature (Ctrl+T), then FP will automatically create your thumbnail images and create links to the original size image too.

If you go to TOOLS > PAGE OPTIONS > Auto Thumbnail tab
Then you can change the settings for the thrumbnail image, like the sizes, outline or not, bevel edge or not - I would suggest no beveled edges <G>

HTH
Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Thanks,
This CTRL-T save me lots of time !!!

I thought I would bring this thread back as it has something to do with my problem.

I have created a very basic one page web page (car for sale type of thing) with multiple images. At first I just added the images and used auto-thumbnail. I tried publishing to my site (actualy, my Comcast web account), and I can see the page and the thumbnails, but the link to the full size image is pointing at the local file on my computer. I tried changing the image structure to the Photo Gallery web component, and the same thing is happening. I'm not sure how to change the thumbnails in the Photo Gallery to point to the corresponding subdirectories that should have been (it shows as being there) uploaded to my site when published. I see them there. I see the images directory AND the photogallery directory with all the thumbnail images inside... but it is still pointing to my local drive.

Any ideas?

Pehaps you have already done this, but typically this happens if you insert an image on a page that is not in the web already. In other words - you need to import the original image into your web or images folder first - then insert the image on the page and use the Auto-thumbnail on it.

You could try to recalculate the hyperlinks, but if the web is already set and saved with the image paths pointing to your hard drive instead of to your images folder - then you might have to do something different to correct it.

Assuming that you do have the full size image in the /images folder - then you could run a find and replace on your pages - searching the HTML code for something like:
src="C:\current_path\" and replace it with "images/"
without the quotes.

If that isn't clear enough, reply back with the actual path the image is pointing to and I can use that as an example to give better steps to replace.

HTH
Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

There's an options somewhere in there pertaining to where your files are saved.

Normally, you could just insert the regular size picture on your page. When you click on the thumbnail icon (or CTL T has you have been doing), it will create the thumbnail. THEN when you close the page is should bring up a window for you to OK to saved those pics in your web automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back