Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thru-Dial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeGTI

Programmer
Aug 3, 2006
CA
Hello,
Im new to this and reading up the documents, I came across the Thru-Dial feature. From what I understand it should allow a user to check their mail, and make an out going call by hitting 0 and then dailing. I can get them to dail any internal extension, but dailing an external number does not work. Any ideas?

You may want to really consider if you want them to do this feature first of all. It is a known way that hackers can get into your voicemail and make outbound calls and you will wind up with some very large long distance bills.

The RPL list and the NCOS level on the ports is most likely your technical constraint on why this isn't working. Basically, after you dial the zero, you have 3 seconds to dial a string that it will transfer to.

Thanks, I only need this temporarily until we get our sales reps running on their IP phones. Right now theyre calling me, and I gotta transfer them. Real pain in the ass...

Can you give me a bit more info on where I can find the settings for this. I tried going through the docs but not having much luck there. Would this be in the BCM settings, or on the CallPilot settings?

You may want to try the BCM forum on this one. This Call Pilot forum is for the PBX Call Pilot. In a PBX environment, there would be things to look at on both sides, the PBX and Call Pilot. I am not familiar with a BCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back