Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Throughput on Ultrium Tape Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

spec9742

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2001
US
I recently installed an HP Ultrium 230e tape drive. The unit is supposed to have a throughput of 15mb/s. However when using Backup Exec 8.6 the throughput is at about 1.5mb/s. I have ran an HP utility (Pat) which tests the computers throughput. According to the tool the computer should be able to achieve Ultrium speeds. I have visited several forums where users have experineced the same issue but no solution was given. I have attached the Ultrium drive to a seperate 160 controller and then to another 160 controller that has hard drives attached. Under bnoth conditions throughput was the same.

Has anyone had a similar problem with Backup Exec?

This issue was caused by the version of the adaptec driver being used for the 29160 controllers. The latest version address's the issue which caused the ultrium drives to go into asynchronous mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back