Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Threshold query: delay before answer/abandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

calmac

Technical User
Jan 23, 2014
GB
Hi,

firstly, I am a complete novice but have been landed with a job of looking after a VOIP telephone system using CC6.

I've been asked the following question, which I hope someone here can help me with:

Q.In CC6, at what point does the 20 second threshold for things like Application Delay Before Answer or Application Delay Before Abandon start?
Is it at the beginning of the IVR menu options, or when the caller makes a menu selection, or when the agent's phone starts ringing?
If all of these are possible options, how do I tell which one my CC6 has been set up with?

many thanks,
calmac

I no longer have CC6 books, but as I recall it starts when the call arrives at the application. So if the IVR menu is in the Master Script then the timer starts after the menu. It has nothing to do with an agent.

You can test this theory if you have a test cdn and a test application. In the master script have the call wait 15 seconds (or some noticeable amount of time) and then go to the application and queue to a test skillset. Answer the call on a phone you have logged into. Look at the application delay.

That's correct: it depends how the scripting is defined.
If the first command in the application is: QUEUE TO SKILLSET xxyy then the timer will start at the moment the agent's phone starts ringing.

That's why I prefer to look at the 'Skillset Answered after Threshold', if that one is pegged you are sure the call was queued for more thsn 20 seconds (if 20 seconds is the defined threshold). Same for the 'Skillset Abandoned after Threshold'; if this one is pegged you are sure the caller hung up after 20 seconds waiting in the queue.

Thanks for those replies guys.

effort1584: How do I determine if the IVR is in the Master Script? I have no idea how to apply your theory test.

When I look in scripting>Application Thresholds, I see I can choose from
Master_Script
Network_Script
ACD_DN_Application
NACD_DN_Application

followed by our 6 menu options in the IVR message.

For all of these, the only threshold that's been enabled is 'Service Level Threshold' at 20 seconds.

Utreg: Where do I find the command you mention?

I did warn you I was a complete novice!

Thanks again for the quick responses, I appreciate it.

cheers,
calmac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back