Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Three beeps when phone is picked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmerchants

Technical User
Apr 3, 2012
US
Opt61C, 5.5 software.

I have one user that receives three short beeps whenever they pick up their handset to make a call. Originally there were on a 1140E, and we swapped to a M2616 yesterday with no difference. I'm assuming this is some notifier, but I'm not sure of what.

Any ideas?

Jason
Network Engineer, Cisco & Nortel

No, the user does not have any voicemails (at all), and confirmed on CallPilot.

Jason

Maybe they appear on another mailbox for notification purposes, you can do an advanced search for that.

Confirmed that this phone set does not have appearances on any other mailbox. Are the three beeps indicative of something voicemail/CallPilot related?

Jason

No headset - only a handset.

Jason

Could the the attendant or someone else have sent him a "MESSAGE FOR YOU" request by accident. Check the console for a MCK key and see if she can cancel the request or have him respond to the request.

It can't be voice mail or message waiting if this is a 2616. There is no tone for messages. The light will always light if it is Message Waiting. That does not help find the source, but we can be pretty sure it is not a message tone

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

I had built this set from scratch when we moved it from the 1140 to the 2616. It was not originally in an ACD after placing the new 2616, however it has since been programmed and acquired for CC5.

No difference, however - the three short beeps have been present on the 1140, the 2616 without ACD, and now the 2616 with ACD.

Jason

So have you tried a different tn? Or what about changing the feeder pair or jack? What if you connect a set to the tn in the equipment room?

Is it a display phone? Does it say "enter agent id"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back