Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ThreatScan Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
US
How can I add addtional AV Software to be scanned for Threatscan?

Elaborate more on what you are trying to do. You may want to use System Compliance monitor to check for other antivirus software. If you are looking for rogue machines just run a report looking for the EPO Agent.

Addus

I am trying to find contractor PC's - Non managed computers (that will not ePO/threatscan/sYSTEM cOMPLIANCE agent INSTALL) TO VERIFY PRESENCE OF av SOFTWARE. ouR CONTRACTOR ACCREEMENTS REQUIRE THAT av SOFTWARE BE INSTALLED.

Slurpee. I feel your pain. We have had to tie some contractors up and beat them in a closet =) because they started infections on our network. A good solution is to not allow any non-company equipment to be connected to the network i.e. give them a PC to use while they are working for you. Since you dont have admin rights to the boxes because they are probably not in your domain I dont really see anyway of finding out what virus software they are using. You could look for all machines without the EPO agent and then go check the machines manually. But that would be a pain in the butt. Your best bet is to rip the cords out of the contracters computers.

Addus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back