Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Threads with MQSeries client, NT and Microsoft Visual C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClientBH

Technical User
Aug 13, 2001
AR
Hi, I am new at MQSeries.
I have to build an application in an NT system holding an MQSeries Client connected to multiple MQSeries queue managers. I will develop my progrms with Microsoft Visual C++.
I need some information about the possibilities and restrictions of working with threads for the environment that I described above, but I cann't find them in the internet.
My application consists of multiple threads with the need of consulting an MQSeries queue manager through an MQSeries client, and the info requested will help me decide my architecture:
a) each thread communicates directly with the queue manager through the MQSeries client (loading its API), so there would be parallelism in the queries to the queue
b) every thread passes the requests to only one thread that is the one that really communicates with the queue manager (only this one loads the API). This thread must have a queue for the requests until it can send them to the MQSeries client.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back