Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Threading, COM and the RAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varith

Programmer
Jun 16, 2003
US
I have some reports that are retrieving there data from COM+ components. It works fine when no errors are encountered but if the component hits a snag and exits, the RAS reports that no rowset could be found (which is fine) but then, on the next call to that component, it will get hung up and just sit there. It hangs so badly that I cannot even restart it with the service manager; I need to attach the C++ debugger to querysrv.exe and then kill the process that way. There are no error messages from the server. I have no problem with the Crystal 9 report creat tool; it will simply complain about not finding the rowset, but will not die.
These components are set up as Main apartment threaded and are in a COM+ library application. I'm using Crystal 9 Enterprise. Is it possible I have an imcompatible threading model for the RAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back