Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread842-1048266

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisismondweep

Programmer
Apr 29, 2007
Hi,

I would like to provide some more information about occurence of the error - 2: Not enough memory to run map and 6: Invalid Handle contact customer care.

I have had been using the FS Manager adapter. My input was a file and the output was the FS Manager system. When using the map designer initially, I was able to perform the required transformation; and also send the data to FS Manager. However, later on during performance testing, it came to surface that processing was very erratic- sometimes messages vanished without any apparent reason - except for the reason '2: Not enough memory to run map'(The hard drive had anough memory >20GB).

So, I did the same tests with the file manager as output- and things were alright! This made me think that there might be something wrong with the FS Manager adapter at high volumes. As a result, I separated my DSTX system into two:-
1) File input and output -with the relevant transformation.
2) Blob file input -which is the output prepared in Step 1 -and a FS Manager adapter at the output.

The fact that I separated transformation from the connectivity to FS Manager proved to increase the resilience of the system. (Of course the second map, connecting to FS Manager, still hangs up with the memory error- but at much higher volumes!

PN: It was observed that the memory of the second system progressively increases when the FS Manager adapter is used. It results in the memory error when the memory in management console >200MB.

Regards,
Mondweep.

It's not disc space but computer memory it's complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back