Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread798-780438

Status
Not open for further replies.

djordaan

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
Can you use other tape drive's besides a Tandberg tape drive for a back up destination device on Call Pilot 2.0, platform 201i ?

i'll take a shot of that, seems like no one else wants it. no.. you can try, but without the driver for a non tandberg on the server, it can't work. and adding the driver to the server will cause alarms in the software audit, may cause the beautiful blue screen nortel seems to love.. when the driver install does the reg edit entry, check sum changes, nortels software sees that and acts like bill gates on steriods..

that is my best guess, you may get bye with it, but i;ve unhosed several that someone tried to use the server for something besides just call pilot. might just be best to stick with the snail tape..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'LL HAVE TO AGREE WITH JOHN, YOU BASICALLY ON YOUR OWN IF YOU TRY. DON'T EVEN TRY CALL NORTEL AFTERWORDS, THEY WILL UST TELL YOU NOT SUPPORTED

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Would have to be a SCSI device. Agree with john and perry. Try and map an external drive to a network drive. this works great and is faster then the tape drive.

mluckie, do you know the required network drive size?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It would depend on the size of the backup file. When doing a backup look at the size of the file the add 15-20% to give yourself some room. This needs to be added to the Callpilot as a backup device as well as being mapped on the callpilot server.

thanks. i was not sure about the way nortel loves to dictate tape sizes about 20 time larger then needed..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok, looks like a networked external drive will be the best bet. We'll give that a shot...thanks everyone for sharing the knowledge.

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back