Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread767-1027831 Description for multiple value parameter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodprg

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
US
I am using CR XI and Oracle 10g.

I have a multiple value parameters which has value as a number. I need the descriptions for the parameter selected. I have the descriptions in another table which is in report also. The problem is how to get the descriptions for the particular parameter value. if parm value = 2 then get description where id =2 from table.

I don't want to hard code the descriptions.

Thanks.

You either have to hard code the descriptions in the formula using and if/then or select case syntax, or insert a subreport and create the same parameter within the subreport, add it to your selection criteria, and then link the two parameter fields to each other, using the dropdown box in the lower left to select {?ID} not the default {?pm-?ID}. Add the descriptions to the detail section (or to a group header if the descriptions repeat).

-LB

I would like to add the subreport and get the descriptions.
Should I add a parameter in the subreport which is also a multivalued parameter. And then link the parameter (multi values) from main report to the parameter (multi values) in the subreport.

How does this work? How is it passing 1 by 1 parameter values to subreport to get the respective description?

Thanks

Please try my earlier suggestion, step by step, and then report back if you have any problems.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back