Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread690-391856 I read all the

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFCOMM2K1

Technical User
Sep 11, 2019
US
thread690-391856

I read all the posts in the aforementioned thread, and it still makes no sense to me. I note in my ARS/ANA table that 411 is denied. My phone has COR 0 and a test call to 9-411 went thru. So I changed the COR on my phone to several different ones, all of which allowed the call to proceed EXCEPT COR 8, which is labeled INTERNAL ONLY. And indeed, as soon as I dial 9 the call is blocked. However, no other COR seems to be able to block 9-411.

Please help.

Others will speak more intelligently about this but trace your station and see what happens. There's a hierarchy when it comes to digit processing (though it escapes me). 411 can possibly also exist in AAR.

do you have multi location ars? say you 'display locations' and see locations 1,2,3,4,5,etc. List ars ana location 1 and then again for 2,3,4,5

If you "cha ars ana 411", you're changing the ARS ALL table. If you "change ars ana location 1 411" you're changing location 1's ARS table.

You always use your location's ARS table unless there is a better/more specific match in ARS ALL. So, it could be denied in ARS ALL but if your phone is in network region 1 for location 1 or on port network 1 in location 1 and location 1's ARS says 411 goes to route 1 with FRL 1, then you haven't blocked location 1 from dialing 411.

In the old days before location tables, partition route tables were used so the cor time of day number would have controlled this. The bad thing about partitions were that 8 was the maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back