Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread688-1717346 I haven't worked 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsontech

Technical User
Dec 15, 2020
US
thread688-1717346
I haven't worked on a magux system since the WIN SPM I had only worked on a XP system.

1 is there a way to get WINSPM for newer computers software.
2 I'm just trying to add loudspeaker paging to a very old Merlin Magix system. Any help would be appreciated. I tried line 806 but no luck. Can't I use a buttset to see if paging is going through the line port? Is there a easier way to findout what line port I can use without printing everything. Like from the main console?

Thank you in advance.

WinSPM is only a picture of the programming phone anyways and the options should be the same.

But it will mostly work with Win10 but you may have to put it in compatibility mode for WinXP
I have not touched a Magix in over a decade so no WinSPM on my laptop

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I used to have to carry a XP laptop for working on Magix. WinSPM sort of worked on Windows 7 in compatibility mode but had issues with crashing the laptop if you rebooted the Magix. Never tried it on Win 10.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Not having WIN SPM can anyone lead me down the right path. I go into Aux equipment and try to input line 808 as loudspeaker paging but no luck.

Can I test this with a butt set? And How can I test it. Been a long time since I have been on a Magix system. Any help would be appreciated.

You should be able to hear it with a butt set on monitor. As far as programming it has been way to long for me to be able to help on that one.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

The line must not be assigned to any pools. Go to AuxEquip > Ldspkr Pg > Dial the line/trunk no. > Enter > Back

WinSPM would let you print the line/trunk info to see how your intended loudspeaker paging line is already programmed

I've successfully run WinSPM R9on Win 10 by setting the installer to Compatibility Mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Run this program as an administrator, and not installing Adobe Reader 5.5 at the very end of the install process. Once installed, right click the shortcut, Properties, Open File Location. Open Properties for WinSPM.exe and also set Compatibility to Windows XP SP2 and Run as Administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back