Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread608-59727 Cropping the right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 1999
US
thread608-59727
Cropping the right margin when printing in IE has been an issue for over 10 years. I'd put it out of my mind until yesterday, when one of my co-workers showed me a printout of a PDF invoice that she'd received as an attachment to an email, which she'd received in her Lotus Notes client. She used the View option in her Notes client, which brings up IE functions to show the page - which she printed, and the right margin and characters were missing. I told her to Save the attachment to her desktop or a local folder, then open the PDF there, which brought it up in Acrobat Reader, and it printed OK. This problem has always occured in IE, and it does not happen in FireFox - if you're viewing a text page or a document, and you print it, you get the whole thing. Makes me wonder - did Bill Gates write the IE code that prints, and nobody at MS dares to correct it ?

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back