Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thread1329-1748299 The issue whi

Status
Not open for further replies.

shubh2448

Systems Engineer
Sep 18, 2019
IN
thread1329-1748299

The issue which I found bit common in blogs by engineers that the Mitel IP phones gets disconnect after every 10 minutes and shows contacting server. This is with Mitel 3300 and the controller remains operational, its just that it is not reachable through the IP network. All blogs claims that its an PBX related issue due to which the NIC card gets some issue.

But in my case, the issue was in the network. Case was that when i switch ON mitel 3300, all the phones gets connected and everything worked fine but after 10 minutes all phones started showing "connecting server". However analog phones work. Even I was not able to access the system through network or even with connecting laptop directly to Mitel controller.

After restart the controller agains work for 10 minutes as usual. For testing we rebooted the system and connected the controller to a seperated non manageable switch, everything worked fine.

So we suggested to segrigate the mitel network from their data network and it worked.

I had a similar issue once, in a network that did not have Spanning tree enabled.
Phone were doing the same, issue was someone did a loop in the network, which caused the broadcast storm.
Sometimes it's the simple things that causes the most headache.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

I had the some thing but it was all 8 minutes

this issue is usually (we cannot say it's is 100%) triggered by the code used for Multilingual Name Display on system options of the 3300 ICP. If you do not particularly need that option enabled, disable it in system options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back