Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thoughts on upgrading from IP500V2 11.0.4 to Server Edition 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgunther

Vendor
Aug 29, 2011
US
Hello, i am trying to gather some thoughts and suggestions on migration from IP500V2 11.0.4 to 11.1 FP2 server edition. We recently collapsed our 7 site IPO SCN down to a single IP500v2 system running 11.0.4.6. We are also running VMPRO on 11.0.4.6 using a Windows Server2019 instance. We are aware that if we decided to pursue 11.1 or higher, we will be forced to migrate at minimum the voicemail pro to an applications server since 11.1 & higher no longer supports windows server OS. We are considering that if we pursue this, perhaps this would also be the time to look into migrating from our IP500V2 over to Server edition. We are strictly using 96XX series & J1XX series IP phones, and no longer have any analog or digital extensions. Also have migrated to all SIP trunks, so no PRI T1s left to migrate. Our remote workers are using the Avaya Portwell CAF-0251 SBCE, along with the J179 series SIP phones.

Do you have any suggestions for this, or things we should be aware of?
How much longer will the IP500V2 hardware and/or 11.0 release be supported?
What kind of licensing will we need to migrate to 11.1 FP2 / Server Ed?
Would be better off just continuing with the IP500V2, and just migrating the Voicemail pro to Applications server?

Thanks, and I appreciate any info and suggestions.

Hello rgunther
it depends a lot on your willingness to pay for the server edition license and if you want a physical server or have a virtual environment that can host the server edition.

There is nothing wrong with the IP500V2 hardware then you definitely will be cheaper by staying with it as there is no cost other than labour to do the work.
It also depends a lot on what you are using on the server edition, one-x, call recording etc. if you are simply using the IPO and VmPro then server edition is a lot more than you need but at least it is in 1 box.
Your apps server can also run on Hyper-V in a Windows machine (I have 3 servers running in my Win10 box) so all depends a lot on you and what you prefer to service.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Can you transfer IP endpoint and SIP trunk licences (or any others?)? Of course Server Edition includes VMPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back