Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Those pesky IMCDATA log files

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixg2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
Hi all,

New to the forums but there seem to be a number of people with a clue (unlike me). Exchange 5.5 running the IMC only on win2k (mailboxes are on a separate server).

So there is this huge 1.4 GB log file sitting there laughing at me and is what I think caused my backup jobs to fail the last couple of days (lack of disk space at < 300MB on the system partition).

Anway, my question is this. I have checked all diagnostic logging and everything is at &quot;None&quot; on all servers. Do I really have to start and stop, delete the files and restart the services in order to resolve this problem? I set compression on that folder for now which bought me 400MB but I am uncertain if that has any ills effects. I assume since they are only text files, that it won't but ...

Any observations, comments or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Felix

Yes, I'd just stop and start the MS IMC service, and then simply delete that fat log file.

Delete it - it's left over from a time when the logging was set higher than None.

Just an FYI for everyone who replied:

Files have been deleted, IMC cycled and all is right in the system partition again (or until someone turns up the logging again).

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back