Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Those God awful Archive problems.... :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtomasone

Technical User
Nov 13, 2001
US
We have a particularly annoying problem of getting error C067 when a user tries to archive (local archive). We have tried all TIDs on this. We have tried creating a backup copy of the archive then running GWcheck stand alone (comes up with a .db error). We have tried performing a re-create user database... EVERYTHING but they are still corrupted. You can see them but they are greyed out. This is very frustrating because this is a State agency with many important emails that are archived. I personally have recoved more archives in trouble then ones that I lost but one of these days, it's going to be bad if I get another one of these errors. Does anyone have a way to get them back without corruption other then the normal (?) way Novell wants you to do it? It doesn't work some of the time and I think that is unacceptable.

Janis

I can totally feel your pain not too long ago I was right there with ya. I set up an exact replica of the LIVE system on a dell dimension 2100 and then installed groupwise 5.5 and patched it...after patching it i moved the entire PO dir to the new box and relaced it....so when i opened up NWadmin i had no user objects or anything...but i could view them in groupwise view....after that i downloaded the groupwise FID editor and edited the archive fid and wacked the NWguard file...after the FID changed successfully i ran gw check and currently i have not had any more problems with my groupwise archives

good luck

TAM

Graver... thank you for your help. I had checked out the fid editer briefly but it just seems like so much work, especially when we have thousands of whiney, pain in the *ss users and there is only two of us to take care of all the problems that crop up everyday. I guess I was looking for a quickie fix. I guess this is the price you pay for good incription? :p

Janis

The C067 error I was able to recover the archive database by doing the following procedure:

1. Rename the old archive folder with the *.old
2. Make sure your are logged on as the user.
3. Open GroupWise client.
4. Create an email message to that users account.
5. Once the email message arrives right click on message and select archive.
6. If you receive a message about rebuilding the database reply no until the message goes away.
7. The message should now be located in your newly created archive folder.
8. Close the Groupwise Client.
9. Open Windows Explorer copy the ngwguard.db from the new archive folder to the old archive folder.
10. Remove the new archive folder and then rename the old archive folder back to its original filename.
11. As user launch Groupwise Client.
12. Click on File then Open Archive.
13. The system will prompt for a rebuild, reply yes.
14. Once the rebuild is complete you will be able to access the damaged archive folder.

Good Luck.

i feel your pain my users are like that too....here are a couple other suggestions for you.....1. you could run gwcheck analyze/fix on all archive directories....that also has worked for me....JR28 has a good point too...i have done that as well but i noticed some missing email, and c0082 errors....i am trying to save you some pain:)

good luck

Our problem here seems small in comparison to what I've read here, yet to us its extremly damaging. All office people our Novell network archive our email to our independent hard drives on a regular basis. Due to a recent virus, our MIS completely replaced our email server. He has since replaced the computer software and all and then told us, and its been proven, that we can not access any of our previous archives. We can point Groupwise were to go. In Explorer we see all that Gruopwise did at the time of the archive. Yet when we go to open the archive the Groupwise screen does a "flinching" thing, as though its working, yet ..nothing appears on screen. To a novice this sounds to silly to be true. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back