Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This transaction is being edited by another user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzajosh

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
I am trying to go into an order in SOP which keeps saying "This transaction is being edited by another user" I asked all users to logout and still the same error. I also ran checklinks but still the same. How can i unlock this record from the database i.e. which table and fields stores this info of the record being locked, so i can reset it if possible. Please help, thanks.

I cannot remember the exact SQL statement to run as I do not work with SOP anymore. However, this is a common problem with SOP and you will encounter it in the future. I believe there is an automated fix you can run from Great Plains website.

To fix this run the following against the DYNAMICS database (make sure users are out):

DELETE SY00800

Then run this on tempdb:

DELETE DEX_LOCK
GO
DELETE DEX_SESSION
GO

This should make it available again. If not, there are also a couple of fields in the SY00500 table that you may have to update.

LuvSQL, I have the same problem again. I did what you mentioned above. The three tables are empty yet I have a purchase order locked, giving the same error " this transaction is being edited by another user" What fields would i have to change in SY00500 as per your above pots. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back