Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This Sever is not configured for Transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyde

Technical User
Apr 12, 2000
US
Hello,
I'm running a small inhome network that I use for learning and experimenting. I have two computers with W2K Adv. Server on one and W2K pro. on the other. The server is working as a Domain Controller, DHCP server and IIS. I've installed a trial version of ColdFusion Server 5 on the W2K server and and everything worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now when I try to find anything thru My Network Places from the workstation to the server, or try to search for network resources via Active Directory I get "This Server is not configured for Transactions. Please make sure the required resources such as IPC are being shared."
I looked on the server and all the required resources are being shared. I cannot see anything different in the configuration of the server. I can logon to the Domain I created from the workstation without a problem, I just can't view any network resources without getting that error msg. Also the trail period has not endded on the Cold Fusion App. Any help would be appreciated.

Try to check the eventlog in the server for any problem. Look for the date problems startd to appear and you might find the solution.

Make sure the RPC services (through the services applet) are started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back