Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This one is complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
bold This one is complicated and directed at the real access gurus...

I need to be able to send an email from Access database. The form would have a button that the user would click that would look up 1 (or more tables) in an acess 2000 database. It should generate an email.

Dear XXXXXX

The following server XXXXXXXX has been online for XXXXXX days.
Please provide bla bla bla

I am guessing that I could use SMTPsend.exe from the NT resource kit. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Desqdude,

I searched that site and couldn't find anything that related to going from access to outlook. I am trying to do the same thing. I have a Entry Form where I'd like to be able to have a submit feature (button) that takes all the entered data and emails it for approval. Let me know if you find anything out.

Nina

I don't know fi this is what you are looking for but

if you use the sendobject macro it will send out a copy of the data in your table.

let me know if this helped you or not.

You are going to need to do a little VBA codework. Look in FAQ's for sending email. There is code there that descibes how to do this (in VBA).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back