Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is wrong on so many levels .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCorrigan

MIS
Feb 24, 2004
MT
This is an actual e-Mail from an ADULT - the back story is that she lives outside the normal delivery area (just) of a Take-Away that is running a promotion she has won ------ It CLEARLY states on the entry page that if you enter & win and happen to be outside of the delivery area you have to collect the "prize" rather than have it delivered ........

aw i dnt drive their is noway i can collect it :(

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

Is it because we are generally intelligent people we can actually understand the message, or is it because we all have the ability to fall to that level that lets us understand the disastrous language (if you can even call it that)?

:)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

The only issue I have with it is the incorrect use of 'their', abv and typos are perfectly acceptable, aren't they?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

MIME::Lite TLS Email Encryption - Perl v0.02 beta

That is not as bad as some I have been texted and/or have seen on Facebook, although the sentiment is the same.

I wonder if 1000's of years from now, they will look back on these "sentences" and think they are the precursor to our modern language do to its simplicity....

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver...

When I see sentences like that, I always attribute it to the sender sending it from a cell phone. I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Although my step-son writes like he texts, which is much worse than that sample.

[thumbsdown]

Everyone older than 30 or so should love this. It seems that we will have less competition for jobs in the future from the younger generations. And if you have kids, teach them to write well and they will be superstars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back