Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is what I'm talking about...my previous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRHEIN

MIS
Feb 6, 2007
US
Hello Everyone,

I'm having some issues with an inherited software my company is using. When I tried to load a new test report , I keep getting a parse error on line one!

--here is the code
<%@ Page language="c#" src="birthdaytest.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Summit4v1.Reports.birthdaytest" %>

The software was complied from the dll (not actual code behind). I'm trying to add reports to the interface but the prog doesn't want to find them. Here is the error!

Parser Error Message: The base type 'Summit4v1.Reports.birthdaytest' does not exist in the source file 'birthdaytest.aspx.cs'.

Has anyone dealt with this before? How can I get the report to run? Is there a way to compile?
Anyones help would be much appreciated!
Regards,
jrhein

This forum is for Classic ASP

That first line says C#

C# is not used with Classic ASP, you need ASP.NET instead.

There is a separate forum for ASP.NET: forum855

You may have more luck with this question in forum732 or forum855

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back