Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is very strange, only PUBLIC FOLDERS very slow non responsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

thormax

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
Only the public folders are either very slow or when clicked on it locks up Outlook and you need to do a CTL ALT DLT to get out of it. Everything else seems to be fine but I have notice a small delay in e-mails, five minutes or so. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Has anything in your environment changed? How many Exchange servers are you running. I have had a similar issue when one of my 3 exchange servers crashed and computers were slow to get the replicas from the other servers.

Only one exchanger server. We even moved everything to a new server. What is happening is the disk I/O's on the server are very high and this is causing the PF's to become inaccessible or extremely delayed when opening. The strange this is we can't track down why. It seems to work at night and then by 7:30am eastern it starts back up again. We have checked all users by shutting off each division and seeing if this solves the issue but it does not. Completely strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back