Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is prolly easy for you GURUS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebankz

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hello!

I have a challenge that involves a needed bit of javascript and I was hoping someone could toss me a bone. I'm trying to write this on my own, but as of yet no luck. (FYI - I am using asp and vbscript on the server side.)

I have a text input form field that will be handling a date. I want to write a javascript that takes that date information, attaches it to a link(the current page) in the form of a querystring, and then automatically refreshes to that new link. From there my ASP will take the querystring info and write in the day of the week in another part of my form. I know how to do the asp/vbscript stuff, just not as familiar yet with javascript.

As well, any other ideas on how to do this would be great.

Any help on this is appreciated. ::)

why not do all the work in ASP, and set up the javascript that way, I mean I create all my onclick, and javascripts by making ASP dynamically write them, can you be more specific? Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

Also not sure if you are aware of this, but just want to make sure.

using either forms alone, or forms tied in with javascript (making the javascript change the hidden values then submit();)

<Form method=&quot;post&quot;....>

will send the data like most people are used to requiring a Request.Form()

but...
<Form method=&quot;get&quot;...>
will send it, where in ASP if you did Request(&quot;variable&quot;) you'll get it, also you'll notic the URL is built like a querystring. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

hey there,

i think the best thing to do is submit the page to itself, then the datefield will be part of the querystring. if you want it to happen automagically, you could have an event on the textbox so that when the value is changed the form gets submitted. something like:

Code:
<form name=&quot;form1&quot; method=&quot;get&quot; action=&quot;&quot;>
  <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;textfield&quot; onChange=&quot;javascript:document.form1.submit()&quot;>
</form>

any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back