Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is crazy! HELP! Autonumber......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
US
Hello. I have a db with a table in it to collect job information. It has a primary key set up as "autonumber" for each record in the table.

I have a form that is used to enter data into this table. I have a combo box (lookup) that looks up values from a linked ODBC table, and then some more values are displayed on text boxes based on the combo box value (this data is pulled from the same ODBC) using the ME! command. All works great.

However, I have noticed, when a user picks a value from the combo box (and the other values are displayed in the text boxes) and decides to just cancel entering records (by clicking the X in on the form) there is a record saved in the db with a number(PK) and those "pulled" values and everything else is "null" or empty......this will drive one crazy, especially if I try to view all "open" jobs and there are some of these empty records!

My question is, how in the world do I get rid of these crazy records????? HELP! ;-)
Joe W. Guy
Network Admin
MIS Director

I am sorry.......wrong forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe W. Guy
Network Admin
MIS Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back