Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is a wierd one - Citrix, MSRDP, and 2K server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddmcp2000

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2005
US
I startd this thread over in the Citrix forum, and I thought maybe somebody here might be able to help as well... Please check out this thread (from the Tek-Tips Citrix Forum):
The perfdisk.dll errors *started* with this issue - DOZENS of them - and OVER AND OVER, not a couple or three, once or twice. They were never there before like that, I know, as I was saving all of my logs (which, BTW, I can do no longer, either) It, I know, is not THE issue, it's a symptom...

Most executables will not run on the DC, and many msc's won't run either. Correct. VERY simple exe's will run, like notepad, and most com's will run also. Dfrg.msc runs as well. (That's the only one I have tried that DOES work - I can't say ALL others don't work.) I can still reboot my network remotely, which I run from the command line. The DC will reboot fine, even remotely, but VERY SLOWLY - i.e. it takes about 15 minutes to be ready to start serving files. The server serves files just fine and just as fast as it ever did - my users do not even know there is anything wrong, thank the good Lord above. <grin>

The Citrix box works PERFECTLY. I just rebuilt (reinstalled) it recently, and it is working better than it ever did. The people that built the machine originally knew LESS about Citrix than I do, obviously, because it NEVER ran stable... I was forever chasing issues on the thinnet clients.

I posted here, because the DC *had* Citrix Neighborhood installed, and it was working just fine, and as near as I can figure, this issue all started when I installed the M$ RDP, downloaded from the M$ website. I did this because I needed access to my workstation (inside the network), from home and the original native RDP within 2K server was not completely compatible with the application I had to run on my desktop. After I rebooted the network that night is when I could see all of the issues started happening.

I would simply uninstall the M$ RDP client, but the Windows Installer no longer works. I can't get it to work, either from the Add/Remove Programs, or double-clicking the Installer Package (named msrdpcli.exe). I expect this is going to be a long, painful, MANUAL extraction. I was hoping to post on a day when somebody ELSE, who has already fixed this issue, happened to be reading...

The Citrix website is COMPLETLY useless, and because the package I downloaded fro M$ is a free one, they are going to earn their aptly nicknamed M$ - 99.00 per incident, I believe.

Please read the above linked page in the Citrix forum, and offer ANY help you might have!

Thanks!

OK, the installer "FIX" above didn't do it... any other suggestions from ANYBODY would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back