Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is a simple one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
CA
Hello ...

I've been racking my brain for the last half an hour and can't seem to remember how to do this. I have a report and I want to sum the numbers of a certain field. What is the code I should use on the actual report to do this. I thought it was something like: =Sum([Page Count]); however, this does not seem to be working.

Thanks in advance,
James

That should be correct. Perhaps [Page count] is nonnumeric.

Create a small table from your current recordsource (say, TOP 10 records, and a few salient fields), and run the wizard on that to see what happens. (Confessing that too often I myself try to solve issues on the full data set and waste time!)

FWIW, I used to have the same problem in Access 2.0. The ONLY way I could get a sum was from the wizard, it seemed.

The way I addressed it then -- and you can try it now -- is by copying an existing, working sum field that's already on the report. Then, even if it was just a brain f**t, you accomplish the objective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back