Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This field name is not known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdinosaur

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
US
Oh, wise ones...

When running a Crystal report (8.5) with several unavoidable subreports I'm getting the error "This field name is not known." Unfortunately, there is no other descriptive information in the error. Everything I've seen from a Google search says the problem is with my selection formula. I've checked it and it seems correct. (It uses a parameter passed from the main report.) Here's the formula:
{spProfitAnalysis.LocationID} = {?Pm-spProductUseProfitAnalysis.MasterLocationID}

The stored procedures are written for MSSQL 2000.

Thanks in advance.

MikeTheDinosaur

When you link the sub to the main with the parameter, make sure you are selecting the parameter from the subreport menu that matches the main report parameter. Do not use the default name that comes up which usually starts with
"?Pm". Click on the Drop down arrow in the "Subreport parameter field to use:" box and then use the tiny drop down arrows that appear next to the "?Pm" default field to select the correct parameter field from you subreport.

MrBill

Dear Mike,

Actually what that indicates is that a field is referenced somewhere - probably a formula or selection criteria that crystal doesn't recongize.

My suggestions:

Go into the main report, and each subreport and do a Database/Verify Database which should list any unmapped fields that are on the report. If that doesn't highlight anything then make a copy of the report and go into the selection criteria on the main and the sub and and do a save ... if that passes then go into each formula on the main and subreport and after opening try to save the formula ... eventually you will hit it ... then fix it.

Regards,

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Thanks, Mr. Bill and Rosemary. I'll give those suggestions a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back