Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This field name is not known ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafi

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
RO
Hi, I have a problem CR keep saying me This field name is not known

I use a query that can return null fields ...

datcmd1.CommandText = "SELECT Meci_Program.ID, Meci_Program.ID_Meci, Meci_Program.ID_Etapa, Meci_Program.Pozitie_in_etapa, Meci_Program.Jucat, Meci_Program.Data_Meci, Echipe.Nume_Echipa as Echipa1, Echipe_1.Nume_Echipa as Echipa2, Etape.Data_Etapa, Meci_Statistica.Gol1, Meci_Statistica.Gol2 " & _
"FROM (((Echipe INNER JOIN Meci_Program ON Echipe.ID = Meci_Program.ID_Echipa1) INNER JOIN Echipe AS Echipe_1 ON Meci_Program.ID_Echipa2 = Echipe_1.ID) INNER JOIN Etape ON Meci_Program.ID_Etapa = Etape.Nr_Etapa) LEFT JOIN Meci_Statistica ON Meci_Program.ID_Meci = Meci_Statistica.ID_Meci;"

I don't know if this is relevant but I counted 11 fields just like in my .ttx file that I use for mapping the recordset on the report.

All that I want to know if why does the CR says that stupid thing

Dear Dafi,

Crystal says this when it doesn't recognize it as a field.

The only I noticed is this: In the beginning of your slect you select : Meci_Program.ID, Meci_Program.ID_Meci

Are there indeed two fields named this. Read through all the field names and make sure that you have no typos.

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

I don't know what to say ...
I have tested the query with Access and it worked smoothly.
I copied the query and it worked ...

I executed the query in VB and it worked...

I know that is necessary only to be the fields in correct order for the CR component to run the report.

It is .... So ,
I don't have a clue about this error

Try simplifying your query so that it does work. Then add back to the query a field at a time to find where it bombs. This may give you a clue.

Sorry I cannot be of more assitance.

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back