Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third-party product to distribute (burst) securely on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3066

Technical User
Aug 1, 2001
US
Hello,

Has anyone heard of, or used, any good third-party products that "burst" reports or files to secured websites, controlled by individual user access?

So far I've googled and found OPIN systems and Merkur Group. I googled on search terms like "secure document delivery," "secure document distribution," etc.

Basically we are looking for an economical, interim 3rd-party solution that will allow us to burst a master report file into individual pieces to be viewed securely on a website, probably intranet.

Any tips are appreciated. This question is kind of a gray area where the key search words are uncertain.

I wasn't sure the appropriate Tek-Tips forum to post this question in, but since it is a reporting question in nature, and we use Crystal Reports, I thought I'd start here.

A colleague of mine suggested looking on but that site didn't seem to help me much.

Thanks everyone,
SL

For a list of 3rd-party Crystal tools, see
My Visual CUT software allows you to burst a report into dynamically named (based on information in the report) folders. This means that as long as access to those folders is properly secured by end user access permissions, you are good to go. If the target web folders must be uploaded via FTP, a cheap utility such as WebDrive (or a free one such as FTPDrive) can export to the FTP target by treating it as mapped drive letter.

hth,
- Ido

view, email, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

My cViewSERVER report scheduler has a MultiRun feature that lets you run a report for different parameter values and different destination files or folders.

Ken has a list of third party products like ours and Ido's. Download trial versions and check them out.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back