Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third Party Crystal Reports Viewers for Version 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nassy

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
GB
Hi

I have Crystal Reports Advanced Version 9 on my machine and am currently researching Report Distribution options.

I have been on Ken Hamady's web site which I found to be extremely useful.

However, the only viewer I found that works with version 9 is Report Viewer 9 by Crystal Desk.

So I am wondering if anyone can recommend any other viewers?

Nassy

Thanks for the kind words... :eek:)

Yes, DataLink Viewer runs CR 9.0 reports without any problems, but I would assume that so can many of the other viewers listed by Ken at:

If the web sites for these viewers don't state this explicitely, I would suggest you contact them directly and ask.

For example, the web site for CView at:
states the runtime files are for Crystal 8.5, but at the top of the page they state that they "now have a version that supports viewing Crystal Reports 9.0 reports".

In short, don't give up too early... :eek:)

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thanks guys for your help.

A lot of the trial software does not seem to support 9 as when I try to run the report using these packages I get error messages such as 'Bad record' etc .

Funnily enough I had no such problems with Crystal Viewer 9.0. But I will certainly try the Data Link Viewer.

Thanks

Nassy

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words about my Crystal Reports Viewer. Yes, the Cr9 and Cr8 viewers work in similar ways as they use the same 98% of the code.

The big problem with CR9 report viewing is the CR9 run time requires a Unicode complient version of Windows. I couldn't get a setup to work with Win98, but it is fine for Win2k and WinXP.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back