Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third Party Catalog Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brieric

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
US
Question: Has anyone used a third party XTension package for Quark for Windows that helps create catalogs such as Catalog Genie or Xcatalog from Em Software?

Can you make recommendations?

Yup- Xdata works perfectly with Quark 4. Its emsoft program as well.

Denice :)
Mac OSX, Running Classic for Quark 4.1. System G4.

Thanks Denice. Can you tell me how that differs from Xcatalog? It seems like XData is good for reimporting new data rather than occassional updates. Am I completely off base?

It works great for *making* catalog type documents. I was under the impression you wanted to create not update. Once the text is imported through XData, it must be manually manipulated.
I use it through an excel spreadsheet. Updated information is saved in a Tab Delimited format then imported through Xdata.
Wish I could be more help.

I am interested in finding someone to help me with XData and Quark... I am a little wet behind the ears and really need to get this program running thanks...

emil @ wcoff.com

Emilkadlec-
What type of help do you need? Anything specific?

~D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back