Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third party app corrupting mdb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongnp

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
CA
Hello all,

We have a SPC data collection program, Criterion, which has started to give us some trouble. The issue is that the database goes corrupt 2 or 3 times a day. The standard Access repair fixes the problem, but I do not understand what is causing the issue. It worked fine for years, but now is causing grief.

Some background info:

-Access 2000 mdb hosted on a win2k comptuer in a workgroup
-5 data collecting computers located on the shop floor (win2k and winxp mix)
-all shop floor computers have full permissions to the shared folder on the mdb hosting computer
-the error message from Criterion is "Project Validation Failure" and, as I said, the database is corrupt.

The only change to the network recently is that I've added a second winxp machine as on of the win2k ones died.

I cannot really find a rhyme or reason to the corruption. I've tried archiving the old data, importing the remaining tables into a new database as well as importing the data into a brand new database, but nothing has made a difference.

Any Suggestions?

Access databases just go corrupt sometimes, and is not fixable by a Compact & Repair.

Your best chance is probably to create a new database and import all the tables.

If the database has any code in it, a Decompile operation may also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back