Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third-party analog integration of a Innovator voice mail system

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
NEAX 2000 PBX, old voice mail system ("Voice Support"?) is dying. I want to replace it with an Innovator PC-based voice mail, however I don't think the existing MCI connection will work properly with the Innovator as it's designed to support API connection only with Panasonic PBX. So it has to be analog integration. How are the follow along digit strings programmed (so that the PBX sends digits to tell the voice mail which mailbox to go to?)

I think I need more information than that. How can I program the existing voice mail ports to be DTMF as opposed to MCI ports, or is there no distinction? Also, is there a way to program a key to auto-login to a user's mailbox? I should say we're using the MAT utility for system programming.

DTMF integration was what was used many years ago and is often used for Fax Severs when they are of analog port type.

Make a Pilot number for the voicemail. Ether an analog station on a non-equipted LEN or a virtual that is Busied-out in Command F50. Build the group via Commands 170, 171 and 172. Set 1310 to a "0" for the voicemail ports ONLY, not the Pilot.

Neax

The reason I asked for clarification of the system type was the OP saying he uses MAT software to talk to the system! I suspect this is an IMG or something along those lines!

If it is a 2000 system then he will struggle as all the system sends is the original destination of the call and no other signaling tones. So the new VM will need to be able to detect the tones the system sends when someone hangs up!

Thank you all for your responses. Got the word late yesterday, the project is being scrapped. Thanks again!

Ozzie: I worked in NEC's NTAC for many years (14). When the 2000IVS was released (1000 Series Software) in July 1994, the only type of VM integration was DTMF in a non-CCIS environment. Not until 1200 Series I believe did MCI (off of the AP00 card) become an option. Until then, my programming as stated above was used for DTMF VM integration. Command 1310 was a key bit to be programmed for VM ports only.

Agreed but the VM had to be able to detect the tones presented on termination of the call or it would just record long periods of tone! The DTMF signalling given by the 2000 series is very limited compared to other systems which send a lot more DTMF signalling. IMHO this needs to be factored in to any solution!

As LSnow01 states: "How are the follow along digit strings programmed (so that the PBX sends digits to tell the voice mail which mailbox to go to?)". What I stated is how DTMF (aka DIGITS) are sent to a VM if DTMF VM integration is what's needed.

Neax

I'm not saying you are wrong! we are both singing from the same song sheet! However I am saying the DTMF signaling provided by the 2000 is somewhat rudimentary compared to other systems and that this may need to be taken into account when replacing a VM with a third party unit. I recently had to investigate using a Panasonic VM with a 2000 and had to concede defeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back