Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thinkpad 600e gets bluscreen when loading WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

southerly

Technical User
May 7, 2007
US
The machine has worked for sometime but one morning on startup displayed bluescreen indicating a BIOS issue with the video driver. I tried to upgrade BIOS but old battery is detected as discharged and BIOS upgrade stops.

I am trying to re-install windows but the machine fails again before completing installation with a similar blue screen of death.

Are there any utilities which can detect and repair BIOS issues without the routine of a BIOS upgrade?

You're trying to circumvent the problem. Get the battery replaced (not expensive) and then try to flash the BIOS (not hard).

Then try to load windows and update the video card driver ASAP.

Turn off the wireless adapter if possible before loading XP. I've seen old drivers cause blue screens when loading the wireless drivers.

What is the exact blue-screen message and error text?

Tony

Users helping Users...

Hello wahnula,
An excerpt of the error screen text is:

your computer (BIOS) has reported that a component in your system is faulty and has prevented windows from operating. You can determine which component is faulty by running the diagnostic disk or tool that came with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back