Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Things need for ASP.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

I'm planning to learn asp. But first i want to know what thing I need before I will start .

Like on php I need to download xampp or wamp then some text editor like vim or sublime.

On ASP what things I need before I start?

I already read some article thru google search.
But I want more precise suggestion and I think this forum can help me.

Thanks

@jbenson001 thanks for your suggestions.

Visual studio contains everything for .net development? Similar to eclipse?
Where you can run, debug , manage folder & etc...?

Unlike on php development I use sublime for editor and view my code via browser?

Thanks !

Alternatively, get the community edition - it is free too and has everything: c++, c#, vb and editors for python, javascript etc. Personal opinon: VS is a lot better than eclipse even though it runs just as slowly

Yes, Visual Studio is the most comprehensive IDE for .NET development. There are different versions and some can be quite expensive, but as xwb said, if you go to the link I provided, you can download the community version for free. That will be enough to get you started and learning.

Thanks for the information :))

I hope I could do well in asp / c# [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back