Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thin client printer install on server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

msr976

Technical User
Mar 20, 2006
US
I am really beat on this one. I have a customer that is trying to print with a local printer attatched to a t5135 thin client, which is linux os. The user is using the thin client to rdp into a terminal server. Is there any way to get the printer installed on the thin client machine to where it brings it over to the terminal server to print? This is a locally attatched printer that needs to print through terminal services. The printer that is being used is an HP LJ 2100. They want this printer shared out on the network, so all users can print to it if needed. I can print a test page through the settings tab before the logon to the terminal server. If you click on the settings tab, it brings up a new window. After that, you click on the print tab and then test print.

The only other possible way I can think of is to install either a jet direct card or print server and make it a network printer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

msr976

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back