Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thin Client machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinken

MIS
Jul 7, 2003
US
Just got done setting up a 2003 server farm for terminal services use. Moving to all thin client machines soon, but need to purchase them yet. Are there any advantages to using the XPe operating system over the CE? The price increase just for XPe is about another 20% on average so the price difference is a consideration in what we purchase. What if any are the differences between the two, and is one better than the other is my question. Thanks in advance.

You might want to try the operating system forums for answers but with thin clients you don't need an os on the client, the server can push one down to the client.

I know you dont need an OS on the thin clients, but when purchasing them they come with either CE, or XPe, and the price difference is pretty substantial (20% or so). I'll try the Operating system forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back