Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thick text is Photoshop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

annconroy

Instructor
Apr 28, 2006
CA
In Photoshop CS5 my text appears to be very thick (all fonts). As if I had a bold on it when I don't.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ann

Sorry, I don't even know where to find anti-aliasing settings. Can you let me know where it hides?

Hi annconroy

Have you tried: Layer > Type to view the anti-alias settings? I don't have CS5 but it's in PS7.

I not convinced that's your problem, it could simply be "messed up" preferences which are normally easy to fix, you will need to end then restart Photoshop as shown below:

While holding down the [Ctrl Alt Shift ] keys,

Click your Photoshop shortcut
or
Click Start > All Programs > Photoshop.

A Message Box will ask "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File" to which you answer Yes.

The Preferences file will be rebuilt to factory settings and hopefully your problem is fixed.

sam

It was the anti-alias setting. I tried the different options and on "smooth" the text is perfect. Thank you very much!

Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back