Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

They fired our payroll expert and it is w-2 time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
ok - bad choice of timing on the company part, but...

I am trying to help the folks that are left do w-2s. It looks to me like w-2 wages (for example) should be the salary pay code, plus bonus, less medical insurance / flex medical deductions... but right now the things I think should be dedutcted (those deduct codes) are not coming out.

maybe the guy always did this stuff by hand, but that would be a nightmare.

thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to help (btw - our partner is not very good, so I trust the tek-tips folks more than them )

What program is it that generates your W2s? This is probably a database specific question best handled by someone who supports your payroll package.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

w-2s are generated within Dynamics and the Payroll system wintin there.

turns out that the main accountant had a brain cramp and I bought into it. I went checking my own w-2 info and it tied JUST fine -- he was looking at some life-to-date deuctions instead of ytd.

I still hate that when you are looking for deductions for a year that you have to keep selecting the year over and over again (7.5) but this is one of those 'features' of Dynamics

Speaking of Brain Cramps.....my question was silly....I thought I wa in a crystal forum not a GP forum.....my bad.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
askdon@srhconsulting.com

Monday brain cramps are always the best around here. Ah Sweet caffine take me away.

If your question is how federal wages are calculated on the W-2 it is:

Gross wages (salary, hourly, etc.) + benefits subject to federal tax - deductions sheltered from federal tax.

Hope this helps.

thanks - we knew that --- problem was the total figure that he was using was not the proper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back