Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

there are no data types for this kind of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever44

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
CA
Hi everyone,

I need to do a software for an Allegro Handheld, it's run under windows CE 3.0. It's my first time coding for 3.0 and CE, I only coded simple little programs under CE.NET 4.2.
So I downloaded Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 and installed the SDK needed for my handheld.

I created all my interface, but when I want to start coding and add my variables using the ClassWizard it's bug. When I ask to add a variable for any types of control, I always receive this message :
"there are no data types for this kind of control"

I tryed installing, uninstalling the tools, the sdks etc... but nothing work out.
I don't know what cause this problem and I don't know how to solve it.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out on this.

Thank you !

There is 10 types of people in this world :
Those who understand binary
and those who don't.

I finaly found it out !

So here is the answer incase someone else get the same problem.

If for the MFC library you select "STATIC" instead of "SHARED", this bug will occur. I don't know why and no one know why, and the embedded 3.0 is not used really any more, or not a lot so it's not that important. But you can select STATIC after you have created your variables and everything will work just fine.

Click here to see the answer in the News Group in Google

There is 10 types of people in this world :
Those who understand binary
and those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back