Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Themes and Shared Borders disappear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztech

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2001
US
Using Frontpage 2000 and publishing on our intranet. I go in to the site and add some hyperlinks to Word and Excel docs, save the page and close it. When I view it in my browser, my Themes and Shared Borders will be gone. Sometimes they will be gone on pages that I've worked on, and sometimes they will only be gone on pages I never touched! There is no specific pattern to the madness. This is driving me nuts. Any idea what is happening here????? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Check the server.. that you don't have two hompages..

you will using either

index.html
index.htm

default.htm
default.html

if you have two on the go (it happens) in your navigation click on the home link.. and check the file name.. that is the one you DON'T want to delete.. click on the other file in folder view and delete.. recalculate your web and republish all should be well.

some other things..

If the above is not what;s happening check you have shared borders turned on, on all pages. (redoing this wipes the borders so save the content before doing this.)

you can check pages indivdually.. you can also check the html code.

hth Tina

AccessFP - FrontPage Resource Centre
Ezine - List -

Thanks for the great suggestions. I checked and I only have the one home page (default.htm) and I do have Shared Borders turned on, on all pages. I am also stopping the http server when making my changes. This seems to help as I've had no problems the last 2 days, but I will be adding some new pages next week, so we'll see how it behaves then.

Thanks again.
d'back fan 4ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back