Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatMcLaughlin

Programmer
Dec 10, 2010
US
I have a piece of software I have written previously that accesses a VFP database. Now when I try to run it it gives me the following error message...
The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.​
I am using Visual Studio 2008 to create the program on a Windows 7 machine. The program will run without error in Debug mode but not in Release mode. Any ideas?

Sorry to bother you guys... I worked on it for a couple hours without success, finally posted here, then went back to the program and it hit me to set the program to compile as x86 instead of x64 (Default) and I have success. You guys really are like magic!

You guys really are like magic!

That's very flattering, considering that none of us raised a finger to help you <g>.

But I'm glad you solved the prolem. Sometimes, just leaving it for a couple of hours can work wonders.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back