Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The 'VFPOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roblinz

Programmer
Feb 23, 2012
GB
I've built an SSRS report using BIDS 2008 on MS SQL Server 2008 R2 x64. Running the report in BIDS and linking to the server where the Visual Foxpro datatables are works fine. However After deploying the report to the reports folder on the same server I try to run it from my own Win7 x86 machine linking to it via our intranet it crashes on the above error.
Exact same Foxpro driver has been installed on the server and my machine. I can link to the same foxpro tables on my machine via XL. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/registered VFPOLEDB.dll as suggested on other links many times to no avail. I've changed the platform to X86 in BIDS then built and deployed the report but that hasn't helped.
Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

I think the clue is in the x64...

I think you need to put your VFPOLEDB.dll file somewhere specific for it to work on an x64 machine. I have a couple of x64 servers, I will go look see.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

On my servers it is installed in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB

But I also think to make sure you are allowing 32-bit apps, go to IIS Manager/Application Pools select your application, click advanced settings and set enable 32-bit applications to true.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hi Griff

Yes the dll is in that folder. I don't think the problem is on the x64 R2 server because that's where I do my SSRS dev and that works fine. I'ts after I deploy the report and then try run it from my workstation as a normal user would do. Your suggestion about the IIS Manager/Application Pools is defo worth a try but Im not sure how to get to the RS servers IIS features. I know how to get to the roles via management studio but I can't seem to find any IIS settings like I can on the web server (via iis in admin tools). Any suggestions?

Anybody know how to set IIS Manager/Application Pools /advanced settings/ enable 32-bit applications to true on MS SQL Server 2008 R2? It doesn't have IIS running!

No idea!

The 32 bit apps for IIS would require IIS to be running... I would have thought

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Hi Griff

Are you using MS SQL Server 2008 R2? If you are go on there and try and find IIS.
I agree it has to be running somehow because SSRS runs under ASP.NET that needs it but configuring the IIS settings like on a web server, not possible.

Code:
cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc.
Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back