Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The truth about Windows 7 and 8.1 'spy patches' KB 3068708, 3022345, 3075249, 3080149

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2003
US
The author sets things straight. However, to sum up my concerns, here's a quote from the author regarding the explanation he received from Microsoft:

"Can I prove, definitively, that what the Microsoft spokesperson avers is in fact true? No, I can't. "

==================================
adaptive uber info galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than agile innovative cognitive big data clouds)

The very next sentence:

InfoWorld said:
But I see no reason to doubt the statements.

Goes on to say:

InfoWorld said:
There are two old-timer lessons to take away from all this, which I've repeated indefatigably since the arrival of XP:

[tab]1. Don't click to install optional updates
[tab]2. Turn off CEIP

So for those who are paranoid about the data collected and sent to the House of Microsoft, you've got ways to prevent it from happening.

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back