Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The tablet is broken 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy27

MIS
Apr 25, 2023
DE
Hello! I've just registered on the forum, so I apologize if this is the wrong section.
I have a problem with my Samsung S6 tablet. After two years of use, the tablet stopped turning on. It was dropped once and the screen cracked, but after that it worked fine for another six months.
I managed to turn it on, but I don't remember how long I charged it and how many times I pressed the button. But it started up and worked for about 2 weeks. I want to note that all the data and applications worked fine until it turned off again. Now it does not turn on. I have a choice: either buy a new one or try to change the battery and screen, but I'm not sure if it will help and if it's worth trying.
I understand that it is so difficult to say something with certainty, but maybe someone has faced this situation.
I would be very grateful for your thoughts on this!

Are we certain it is not turning on, or could it just be that the display is broken and you cannot tell if it is on? Depending on your security settings, you might be able to connect the tablet to a PC with a USB cable and see if the filesystem is accessible.

Thank you for your reply!
The display is not broken. When I try to turn it on (I've tried many times), it sometimes starts to boot, an inscription with the name of the tablet model appears, but after a few seconds the boot stops and everything disappears.
I can't connect it to my laptop because I need to confirm the permission to access the data on the tablet.

The system is likely corrupted and needs a factory reset. There are quite a few articles and videos online that describe the factory reset process so it seems your issue might be common.

A factory reset will likely wipe out all your data. Hopefully you have it backed up to "cloud" or local storage.

After a factory reset, you will need to configure your wifi network credentials on the device and reinstall your apps.

Mt daughter had a problem with her Samsung Tablet (Samsung Galaxy 10 Tab 3 I think) where it would attempt to boot, output an error message, close down, attempt to boot, output an error message and just continued with this cycle.

I did a factory reset and it came back to life. It did not seem to have deleted any data or apps, but I don't know what was on there. There were certainly photos under "DCIM", it had a list of networks which included one that looked like her home network and games for her kids. So despite warning messages that said it would remove everything that wasn't there when it left the factory it did not seem to remove much if anything.

You have two chances - slim and none.

Good luck.

I saved some of the data, but unfortunately not all of it.
In any case, a working tablet without data is better than one that doesn't turn on! [smile]
I'll give it a try.
Thank you for your help!

Are you trying to boot it up with the charging cable plugged in?

Try one of these methods (both with & without charging cable):

-Hold the Power & Volume Down buttons until you see Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 then let go of the buttons and let it boot.
or
-Hold the Power & Volume Down buttons until you see the two Power Off and Restart buttons then let go of the buttons, press restart and let it boot.
or
-Hold the Power & Volume Down buttons until you see (skip the Shutdown or Restart option) the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 logo then let go of the buttons and let it boot.

This one is for when it is stuck on the logo but you could try it:

-Hold the Power & Volume Up and Home buttons until you see the green android on the display then let go of the buttons and let it boot/update.
Note you may need to hold the 3 buttons up to 30 seconds.

Another thing to look at is to carefully see if the tablet is starting to bulge.
-Look at the seal around the glass
-Look at it from the side to see if significant bulging
-Lay it flat on a smooth table and see if it spins around

I think this forum might do better next time.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back