Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the symantec Antivirus for SMTP gateways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2005
IR
The symantec antivirus for SMTP gateways service terminated unexpectedly.
symantec AV for SMTP gateways version 3.1 on windows 2000 server.

And? Did you reboot? More info is always appreciated so the community can help you.

Hello skialta, Thank you for consideration.
Yes I reboot it for more time, I have problem when connect server to valid IP. I have problem about Licensing, I sent
my serial number to licensing.symantec.com and get a .slf
file(symantec license file) but I cannot deploy it to software, there is not a place in software to enter license. also i ran liveupdate for software.
service terminated alwayes after first connection. and it sent this message to event viewer.
"The symantec antivirus for SMTP gateways service terminated unexpectedly.

Not sure which Symantec software you are using, but the Symantec Mail Security for Exchange does have a web page for administration and in there is the place to upload the license file. I would suggest you read the manual and see where you should apply the license file.

skialta, thank you for help.
Now I try terial Symantec Mail Security(SMS) for SMTP version 4.1. up now it dont problem. I may buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back