Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The subcontractor from hell, a changed password & unknown PRI keycode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonDeKlerk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2012
We recently upgraded a large facility to a PRI and at the insistence of the telco we let their technician do the deployment. Unfortunately they passed the job on to a local scumbag who changed the passwords on both our CallPilot and the MICS, plastered bumper sticker sized labels on the KSU, CallPilot and 0X16's marking his territory in the riser room and wandered off with the old trunk cards and my punch tool before again marking his territory in our parking lot. (Security tape coming soon to Youtube.)

This marvelous individual will not give us the new password he placed on the MICS and will not give us the PRI enabler keycode either and seemed to believe we had entered into some sort of support relationship with him. He returned the trunk cards in a cloud of profanity and threats and therefore seems unlikely to come around on this. The telco says any "additional services" performed are between us and the contractor and has been of no assistance and didn't seem terribly interested in his charming behavior on our site either.

If I short the capacitor the System ID changes and I lose the installed keycode. Is there any way to preserve the PRI licensing without the cooperation of this hooligan? Or do I have to just bite the bullet, short it out, relicense the PRI and chalk it up to an expensive reminder in why we do telephones in-house?

Just google for password change and you should find much on the net

If you put a RAD on the system you can see the password with NRU 11.
I don't know if you have this level of knowledge but there are plenty of good techs out there that can help you.

Wayne T

to answer your question about the CAP, yes it could change your system id. At minimum it will take out your PRI keycode and you will have to re-enter it. The problem there is if you do not have it and the system id is the same then the KRS will not generate you a new one.

You should be able to log into KRS and change the DOR (Distributor of Record) to your company. Once your company is the DOR, you can see the keycode generated against the Sys ID for the PRI Enabler.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will hunt down a FastRAD. I wasn't aware a FastRAD could administer a KSU without the password, I have never encountered them before as all our systems are supported by onsite IT. The CallPilot didn't present a problem - I have already reset the password.

This is unfortunately not the first instance of an outside technician messing with passwords, or otherwise taking unreasonable liberties with our PBX'es so we strongly prefer keeping our telephone affairs in-house as much as possible. It was just the telco's insistence that they handle the PRI deployment.

Hey, if you are in the Toronto gta I'll come and reset the password for you N\C. These guys give the rest of us a bad name.

If this company has attorneys I would have them threaten this guy with some kind of legal action when this is over.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

I've never heard of someone changing passwords and such without being asked first to do it. Also what are you saying about the parking lot? He left stickers of his info out there or something? I would of most definetly been telling this knucklehead tech you'll be hearing from my attorney. Plus he also took cards from you??? Who does that kinda sh*t.?

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

blow up his spot post a picture of his bumper sticker so we can put him in the phone guy hall of shame

Also what are you saying about the parking lot?

He urinated in our parking lot next to his van and about ten feet from a security camera. I have been in the US for 30 years and I have seen some boorish hicks in my time, but this guy couldn't have been invented by Seth Macfarlane.

We have engaged the telco at a very high level with out complaints about their contractor and I think it would be best to let them act before making a public spectacle of this.

Hey, if you are in the Toronto gta I'll come and reset the password for you N\C. These guys give the rest of us a bad name.

Thank you for the offer of support, but we are in Arizona.

I sure hope you have not paid his invoice. In short if you bought services and he won't pass them on, calling the police should do, the law makes it clear if you buy something it's yours, he should be arrested and lucked up, makes us honest people look bad.

Look forward seeing the tape on youtube.

It sounds like you called the telco, then the telco sent a sub-contractor out...your verbal contract was with the telco and the guy that showed up, sowed up at their behest. If they deny responsibility, call your state Public Service Commission on the telco and watch them start jumping through hoop...

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have became a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS NCTS NCTE CS1000E
Mitel 3300 4.2 basic & advanced, 5000 4.0, NuPoint I&M 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back