Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The STARTTLS certificate will expire soon - need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC0

Technical User
May 1, 2007
US
Hi all,

The Exchange 2007 server is reporting this in the application viewer.

I was wondering if I can renew the expiring certificate and everything would be fine, or
if I were to have the system generate a new certificate, all external messages would still go through and the changes would be transparent to the users/clients.

All ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

APC

You should be able to renew the cert and enable it without issue, assuming all things remain the same (Common Name, etc).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thank you Pat Richard.

One more question - When I run the Get-ExchangeCertificate -domain "fqdn of exchange server" | fl,
I get the hostname, fqdn, and mx record have a certificate issued by the domain controller which also happens to be the Enterprise CA.
So, my question is where do I renew the certificate - at the DC or at the exchange server and how would I go about renewing the cert?

Once again, thank you for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back